Go to Email, News, & TV to manage your email, view your favorite TV shows, search the web, stay up to date with current news and more.
Verizon Continues Rollout of FiOS TV in New York City
Revolutionary All-Fiber-Optic TV Network Now Available in Parts of 253 Neighborhoods Across the CityNews Release
NEW YORK – January 28, 2010 –
Last year was a busy time for Verizon in New York City as it continues to roll out its revolutionary FiOS TV service across all five boroughs. And the rollout will continue this year as well.
In 2009, the company expanded the service into an additional 140 neighborhoods, located throughout the five boroughs, bringing its all-fiber-optic network to a total of about 810,000 households. As a result, the company's FiOS TV service is now available in parts of 253 neighborhoods. The service was launched in the city in July 2008 in 108 neighborhoods.
(See list of all FiOS TV neighborhoods at the end of this news release.)
And FiOS TV is expected to be available in parts of dozens more neighborhoods by the end of this year.
"Rollout of FiOS TV is on the fast track in the city," said Christopher Creager, president of Verizon's Northeast region. "We've continued to add features and have made numerous enhancements to FiOS TV since we first launched it in the city. As we expand into more areas, and build our fiber network deeper into neighborhoods where we've already installed fiber, more and more customers are able to take advantage of the better viewing and customer-service experience that FiOS TV brings them. Most importantly, New Yorkers in these new areas now have a choice in their TV provider."
Creager said that the company is on course with the deployment schedules established in the franchise agreement the company reached with the city in 2008, which calls for the company to build out its all-fiber-optics network to all parts of all five boroughs by mid-2014.
"Consumers across the city contact us each day asking when Verizon FiOS will be in their neighborhoods," said Creager. "We're focused on installing the fiber-optic cables in each borough, and then making the behind-the-scenes network improvements in order to deliver FiOS TV to as many New Yorkers as possible."
He noted that the company now also operates FiOS stores in each borough. The stores include family-room settings, where shoppers can try out FiOS Internet, FiOS TV and FiOS TV's innovative DVR products. Shoppers can also order all other Verizon services right at the store. They also serve as a customer service center where customers can pick up or exchange FiOS TV set-top boxes and remote controls. In addition, customers can pay their Verizon bills via cash, check, credit or debit, or consult with representatives about their services.
The stores are located at:
- 2201 Nostrand Ave. in Flatbush, Brooklyn.
- 2721 Bronxwood Ave. in Laconia, the Bronx.
- 204 Second Ave. in Manhattan's East Village.
- 36-31 Main St. in Flushing, Queens.
- 1625 Forest Ave. in Port Richmond, Staten Island.
Creager also noted that the company has launched 36 of the city's public access channels, which broadcast a variety of borough meetings, independent programming and local events.
Packages Offer More HD, Faster Internet Speeds and Greater Value
Verizon recently introduced new packages of FiOS TV, FiOS Internet and voice services.
The new FiOS bundles include even more high-definition programming options, plus unprecedented, symmetrical Internet service featuring equal upstream and downstream connections of up to 35 megabits per second (Mbps).
Verizon's new symmetrical FiOS Internet offerings are the first of their kind available to U.S. consumers on a mass scale. The two-way-fast speeds enable and enhance services like social networking, video conferencing, work-at-home, online multi-player gaming, telemedicine, electronic home-energy and security monitoring, online work collaboration, data backups and more. And unlike some providers, Verizon does not penalize customers for using all the speed they order.
New double-, triple- and quad-play bundles are available with a 24-month service agreement that guarantees the customer's rate will not change for two years. FiOS bundles are also available in month-to-month plans that do not require a minimum term agreement. To explore Verizon's many bundle options and order service, visit www.verizon.com/bundles or call Verizon at 1-888-GET-FIOS.
New triple-play bundle options with a service agreement are:
- Ultimate: FiOS TV Ultimate HD includes 90 or more HD channels; premium content from EPIX, Showtime, TMC, Flix and the NFL RedZone; FiOS Internet service with an ultra-fast, symmetrical connection speed of up to 35/35 Mbps; and FiOS voice service - all available for $139.99 a month. In the New York City area this bundle also includes HBO/Cinemax and other premium channels, for a total of 125 or more HD channels, and is available for $149.99 a month.
- Extreme: FiOS TV Extreme HD includes 65 or more HD channels; FiOS Internet service with an ultra-fast, symmetrical connection speed of up to 25/25 Mbps; and FiOS voice service - available for $124.99 a month. In the New York City area this bundle also includes Showtime, TMC and Flix, for a total of 80 or more HD channels, and is available for $119.99 a month.
- Prime: FiOS TV Prime HD includes 40 or more HD channels; FiOS Internet service with a connection speed of up to 15/5 Mbps; and FiOS voice service - available for $109.99 a month. In the New York City area this bundle includes all of the TV content offered with FiOS TV Extreme HD, for a total of more than 65 HD channels.
The Ultimate and Extreme triple-play bundles - as well as the Prime triple-play bundle in the New York City market area - include free access to thousands of Wi-Fi hot spots at no additional charge. Customers also have access to Verizon's leading FiOS TV video-on-demand service, with more than 18,000 monthly titles - including 2,800 in HD - and FiOS TV's advanced interactive media guide, with access to social-networking, news and entertainment widgets and more.
Customers Get Extra Savings and Value With Choice of Promotional Offers
New customers who sign up for a qualifying bundle by April 17 can choose from a variety of promotional incentives for even more savings and value, including:
- A 12-month introductory price of $89.99 for customers who subscribe to the Prime HD triple-play bundle, $114.99 for the Extreme HD triple-play bundle and $129.99 for the Ultimate HD triple-play bundle. In the New York City area the prices for these bundles would be $89.99, $99.99 and $129.99, respectively.
- A free Verizon Home Media DVR, plus a free standard- or high-definition set-top box for six months (up to a $179 value). Customers can use the Home Media DVR to record programming that can be viewed on up to six additional TV sets throughout the home. The DVR also enables customers to access their photos, videos and music, plus search for and enjoy online videos from blip.tv, Dailymotion and Veoh all from the comfort of their living room, only on FiOS TV. Customers who choose this option also qualify for special introductory prices of $99.99 for the Prime HD triple-play bundle, $124.99 for the Extreme HD triple-play bundle and $139.99 for the Ultimate HD triple-play bundle. In the New York City area the 12-month introductory prices for these bundles would be $99.99, $109.99 and $139.99, respectively.
And, as always, customers who order their bundles online get the best price in the market, receiving an additional $5 off their monthly service rate for the first year of service.
Verizon's FiOS services are delivered over the company's all-fiber-optic network, directly to homes and businesses. FiOS provides next-generation interactive services including an advanced interactive media guide; social TV, news and entertainment widgets; remote DVR management; multi-room DVR; and more. For more information about the many benefits of Verizon FiOS services, visit http://factsonfios.com/reasons.html.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a global leader in delivering broadband and other wireless and wireline communications services to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 91 million customers nationwide. Verizon also provides converged communications, information and entertainment services over America's most advanced fiber-optic network, and delivers innovative, seamless business solutions to customers around the world. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of approximately 222,900 and last year generated consolidated revenues of more than $107 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.
New York City FiOS TV Neighborhoods
Baychester, Bronx Park, Bronx River, Bronxdale, Claremont, Clason Point, Country Club, Eastchester, Edenwald, Edgewater Park, Harding Park, Laconia, Melrose, Morris Park, Norwood, Olinville, Parkchester, Pelham Bay, Pelham Gardens, Pelham Parkway, Schuylerville, Soundview, Soundview-Bruckner, Throggs Neck, Van Nest, Wakefield, West Farms, Westchester Square, Williamsbridge and Woodlawn
Bath Beach, Bedford Stuyvesant, Bensonhurst, Bensonhurst East, Bergen Beach, Boerum Hill, Borough Park, Brighton Beach, Brooklyn Heights, Brooklyn Marine Park, Canarsie, City Line, Clinton Hill, Coney Island, Downtown Brooklyn, Dumbo, Dyker Heights, East New York, East Williamsburg, Farragut, Flatbush, Flatlands, Fort Greene, Fort Hamilton, Georgetown, Gerritsen Beach, Gowanus, Gravesend, Homecrest, Madison, Manhattan Beach, Manhattan Terrace, Marine Park, Midwood, Mill Basin, Mill Island, North Side, Northeast Flatbush, Ocean Parkway, Ocean Parkway South, Paerdegat Basin, Park Slope, Plum Beach, Prospect Heights, Prospect Park, Remsen Village, Rugby, Seagate, Sheepshead Bay, Sunset Park East, Vinegar Hill and Williamsburg
Ansonia, Astor Place, Battery Park City, Bowery, Carnegie Hill, Central Harlem North, Central Harlem South, Chelsea, Chinatown, Civic Center, Clinton, Cooperative Village, East Harlem North, East Harlem South, East Midtown, East Village, Flat Iron, Garment District, Gramercy, Hudson Yards, Lenox Hill, Lincoln Square, Lower East Side, Lower Manhattan, Manhattanville, Midtown, Midtown South, Noho, Roosevelt Island, Stuyvesant Town/Peter Cooper Village, Sutton Place, Tenderloin, Times Square, Tribecca, Tudor City, Turtle Bay, Union Square, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, West Village and Yorkville
Arverne, Auburndale, Baisley Park, Bay Terrace, Bayside, Bayside Hills, Bayswater, Bayswater Point Park, Beechurst, Bellaire, Belle Harbor, Bellerose, Breezy Point, Breezy Point national Park, Brookville, Brookville Park, Cambria Heights, Clearview, Clearview Park, College Point, Corona, Douglaston, Douglaston Manor, East Elmhurst, Far Rockaway, Floral Park, Flushing, Fresh Meadows, Glen Oaks, Hamilton Beach, Hammels, Hollis, Holliswood, Hunters Point, Jackson Heights, Jamaica, Jamaica Estates, Laurelton, Little Neck, Long Island City, Malba, Murray Hill, Neponsit, New Hyde Park, North Corona, Oakland Gardens, Oakland Lake, Queens Village, Rockaway Park, Rosedale, Roxbury, Roxbury/Fort Tilden, Seaside, South Brookville, South Jamaica, South Ozone Park, Springfield Gardens, Saint Albans, Utopia and Whitestone
Annadale, Arden Heights, Arlington, Arrochar, Bloomfield, Brighton Heights, Bulls Head, Castleton Corners, Charleston, Clifton, Clove Lakes Park, Concord, Dongan Hills, Egbertville, Elm Park, Eltingville, Emerson Hill, Fox Hills, Fort Wadsworth, Graniteville, Grant City, Grasmere, Great Fresh Kills, Great Kills, Great Kills Park, Greenridge, Grymes Hill, Heartland Village, Huguenot, La Tourette Park, Lighthouse Hill, Livingston, Mariners Harbor, Meiers Corners, Midland Beach, New Brighton, New Dorp, New Dorp Beach, New Springville, Oakwood, Oakwood Beach, Ocean Breeze, Old Town, Pleasant Plains, Port Richmond, Port Richmond Center, Prince's Bay, Port Ivory, Randall Manor, Richmond, Richmond Valley, Rosebank, Rossville, Sea View, Shore Acres, Silver Lake, South Beach, St. George, Stapleton, Sunnyside, Todt Hill, Tompkinsville, Tottenville, Travis, Ward Hill, West New Brighton, Westerleigh Willowbrook and Woodrow
John Bonomo, 212-321-8033