Go to Email, News, & TV to manage your email, view your favorite TV shows, search the web, stay up to date with current news and more.
Verizon Offers Ultimate Home Upgrade With Easy, Affordable Switch From Cable to Advanced, All-Fiber-Optic FiOS Services
Superior HD, Unique Interactive TV Features, Ultra-Fast Broadband and Premium Installation at no Cost Make FiOS a Smart Home-Improvement ChoiceNews Release
April 21, 2009 –
NEW YORK - Spring home-improvement season is here, and there's no better time than now to switch to Verizon FiOS, the ultimate upgrade for TV and communications services.
"When thinking about home improvements, it's smart also to consider upgrading your home technology so you're getting the most out of your broadband and home-entertainment services," said John Wimsatt, senior vice president of product marketing for Verizon.
This spring Verizon offers the ultimate home upgrade by making it easy and affordable to switch from old-fashioned cable to the power of Verizon's advanced all-fiber-optic network and FiOS services.
Packages of FiOS Internet, FiOS TV and Verizon Freedom unlimited local and long-distance calling services are available starting at under $100 a month. New customers who order a FiOS service bundle by June 20 can get an even sweeter deal with a current promotion that offers up to $150 back in the form of a prepaid card, a two-year price guarantee, and premium installation at no extra cost by a specially trained technician who sets up a powerful home network from start to finish. For details of the promotion, visit http://www.verizon.com/ultimateupgrade.
Verizon is the only national network to deliver 100 percent fiber optics straight to customers' homes. This means that, with a FiOS bundle, customers can enjoy the ultimate broadband and home-entertainment experience, including:
- Superior HD: FiOS TV offers more than 100 HD channels, plus 1,300 HD video-on-demand (VOD) titles every month and the most premium channels in HD. FiOS TV offers the purest HD signal available for amazing picture quality, plus razor-sharp 100 percent digital quality on all its more than 500 channels.
- Advanced DVR technology with the option of Verizon's Home Media DVR, including:
- Media Manager feature that lets customers wirelessly bring personal photos, music and slideshows to life from their computers to their TVs.
- Multi-Room DVR that eliminates the need for multiple DVRs in the home. With the Multi-Room DVR, customers can use one DVR to record programming that can then be watched on up to six other TV sets with a FiOS set-top box in the home. This includes simultaneously viewing up to three separately recorded programs on different TV sets, and the ability to pause recorded programming on one set and continue watching it on another.
- Unique interactive TV features that cable can't match. FiOS TV's innovative interactive media guide (IMG) gives customers a rich, personalized television experience. Among the features of the IMG are:
- Widgets - One-touch, on-demand access to personalized information, such as local traffic and weather reports, daily local and national news headlines, fantasy sports, daily national sports headlines, and daily horoscopes.
- Remote DVR management - All FiOS subscribers can remotely control their Verizon DVRs online, and Media Manager subscribers can use this service via any cell phone with a data plan. Subscribers can use the service to remotely review, change or add recording requests; delete recorded programs; browse and search TV and video-on-demand listings; set parental controls; and more.
- Award-winning FiOS Internet service with the option of connection speeds of up to 20 Mbps (megabits per second) downstream and up to 5 Mbps upstream. With this kind of speed, you can upload 200 photos totaling 250 MB (megabytes) in about seven minutes, or download a two-hour, 1.2 GB (gigabyte) DVD in about eight minutes. And, unlike some cable providers, Verizon doesn't penalize subscribers for using all the speed they need. The service also features online access to on-demand movies from Starz Play, Disney Connection programs and features, ESPN360.com live sporting events and programs, and NFL Network programming.
- Premium installation by a specially-trained Verizon technician who sets up the FiOS equipment, establishes the whole-home network, makes sure everything is properly connected, and takes the new TV and Internet customers for a test drive of their new fiber-based services.
"FiOS is an easy, affordable technology upgrade that provides value to families every day and can increase the value of your home," said Wimsatt. "With a free installation and up to $150 back, our new promotion saves customers money that they can then invest in other home improvements or just put in the bank. There's never been a better time to switch from cable and move up to FiOS."
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 80 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employs a diverse workforce of nearly 224,000 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of more than $97 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.