Go to Email, News, & TV to manage your email, view your favorite TV shows, search the web, stay up to date with current news and more.
TV Choice and Competition Arrive for Consumers in Eight More New Jersey Communities
Verizon's FiOS TV and Broadband Products Are Now Available to Residents in 295 New Jersey Cities and TownsNews Release
July 17, 2008 –
NEWARK, N.J. - Consumers in eight more New Jersey cities and towns have another and better option for TV providers now that Verizon has again expanded its FiOS TV service, making a broad range of programming choices and superior picture quality available to thousands of additional New Jersey households.
FiOS TV and broadband services are available to consumers in parts of Englewood Cliffs in Bergen County; Collingswood and Oaklyn in Camden County; Fieldsboro in Burlington County; Harrison Township in Gloucester County; Guttenberg in Hudson County; Keansburg in Monmouth County; and Jackson Township in Ocean County. The latest expansion brings to 295 the number of New Jersey cities and towns where FiOS services are available, delivered over the nation's most advanced all-fiber network.
"FiOS TV gives consumers in these New Jersey communities an outstanding and superior alternative for their video entertainment," said Mark Adams, marketing director for Verizon's New Jersey region. "Customers who liked what FiOS did for their Internet connection will love what it does for their TV. We've harnessed the vast capacity of our advanced fiber-optic network to deliver a revolutionary, new entertainment experience."
New Jersey residents who are FiOS TV-eligible now have the option to trim their monthly bills by bundling FiOS TV service, FiOS Internet service and the Verizon Freedom Essentials unlimited calling plan, all for $104.99 a month for 24 months.
Service highlights include:
- More than 400 all-digital channels grouped by genres such as entertainment, sports, news, shopping, movies and family, making it easy for audiences to find their favorite programming.
- A total of 30 or more high-definition channels for New Jersey customers, with extraordinary clarity and theater-quality sound. Verizon plans to soon significantly increase the number of HD channels it offers to New Jersey customers, and by the end of 2008 will feature all major available HD channels.
- An industry-leading library of more than 10,000 video-on-demand titles each month, 70 percent of which are free.
- An easy-to-use interactive media guide that integrates HD programming, on-demand content and the digital video recorder along with broadcast television into a seamless user experience.
- Set-top boxes ranging from a standard-definition box for $5.99 per month to the Home Media DVR, featuring a multi-room DVR that enables up to three simultaneous viewings of recorded programs without requiring customers to set up a complex home network or buy extra equipment. The recorder is bundled with Media Manager, a feature that lets customers easily access photos and music from their personal computer and play them on their entertainment center where they look and sound the best. A standard definition Home Media DVR is $17.99 per month.
Programming choices for Hispanic, African-American, Asian, Russian and other multicultural audiences are available in every market, making FiOS TV an outlet for emerging and independent networks to showcase their diverse programming.
Verizon recently announced that FiOS TV customers will get even greater programming as Verizon adds more than 60 new channels to the lineup, including HD, sports and multicultural content.
Information on packages and prices is available at www.verizon.com/fiostv. New Jersey customers also can call 1-888-GET-FIOS to see if they qualify to order FiOS TV.
FiOS TV is designed to be a formidable competitor to cable and satellite. Verizon's fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) network has industry-leading quality and reliability and is the largest of its kind in the country. It directly connects millions of homes and businesses and is currently under construction in more than half the states where the company offers landline communications services.
Fiber delivers amazingly sharp pictures and sound, and has the capacity to transmit a wide array of high-definition programming that is so clear and intense it seems to leap from the TV screen. It also delivers Internet download speeds of up to 50 Mbps* (megabits per second) and upload speeds of up to 20 Mbps as well as high-quality voice services.
The value of FiOS TV extends to the installation and customer support. Specially trained Verizon technicians will install the service and acquaint subscribers with FiOS TV features and services. Verizon is waiving the installation fee for up to three existing TV outlets, and there is no charge to install a needed optical network terminal at the subscriber's home. Charges for other installation services, such as additional outlets, may apply. Verizon provides 24 x 7 technical assistance by phone from its Fiber Solutions Centers in Freehold and other cities around the nation.
* NOTE: actual (throughput) speeds will vary.
Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ), headquartered in New York, is a leader in delivering broadband and other wireline and wireless communication innovations to mass market, business, government and wholesale customers. Verizon Wireless operates America's most reliable wireless network, serving more than 67 million customers nationwide. Verizon's Wireline operations include Verizon Business, which delivers innovative and seamless business solutions to customers around the world, and Verizon Telecom, which brings customers the benefits of converged communications, information and entertainment services over the nation's most advanced fiber-optic network. A Dow 30 company, Verizon employed a diverse workforce of approximately 232,000 as of the end of the first quarter 2008 and last year generated consolidated operating revenues of $93.5 billion. For more information, visit www.verizon.com.
Rich Young, 973-649-2279